Nintendo announced the Switch version for Hollow Knight is now available.
Hollow Knight is now available for purchase at the Nintendo e-shop for US$15.00.
An epic action adventure through a vast ruined kingdom of insects and heroes. Explore twisting caverns, battle tainted creatures and befriend bizarre bugs, all in a classic, hand-drawn 2D style.
- Classic side-scrolling action, with all the modern trimmings. Dodge, dash and slash your way through even the most deadly adversaries.
- Includes all of the new items, areas, characters, and bosses from the currently released free content packs; Hidden Dreams, The Grimm Troupe, and Lifeblood. All players will also get access to the final free content pack, Gods and Glory, due later this year!
- Explore a vast interconnected world of forgotten highways, overgrown wilds and ruined cities. Choose which paths you take, which enemies you face and find your own way forward.
- Evolve with powerful new skills and abilities! Gain spells, strength and speed. Leap to new heights on ethereal wings. Dash forward in a blazing flash. Blast foes with fiery Soul!
- A haunting, intimate score accompanies the player on their journey, composed by Christopher Larkin. The score echoes the majesty and sadness of a civilisation brought to ruin.
Progress from this demo will carry over to the full game.
During Nintendo’s E3 2018 Direct presentation, we learnt that Octopath Traveler will have yet another demo. This one, out June 14, will feature the first chapter of each of the 8 heroes you can choose from. What’s more, progress made in the demo will carry over to the full game once it comes out on July 13.
You can enjoy the game’s E3 2018 trailer below.
Super Mario Party will be releasing to Nintendo Switch on October 5, 2018, according to the announcement at Nintendo E3 Direct.
Super Mario Party can be played up to 4 players.
Game Overview via Nintendo
The Mario Party series is coming to the Nintendo Switch system with super-charged fun for everyone! The original board game style has been kicked up a notch with deeper strategic elements, like specific Dice Blocks for each character. The game also introduces all-new ways to play, including Joy-Con controller enabled minigames, and new modes to enjoy with family and friends. Board game play goes back to the four-player basics as you take turns and race across the board searching for Stars. You can also pair up two Nintendo Switch systems and delight in this dynamic play style, such as in the new Toad’s Rec Room mode. With new modes and new minigames coupled with original board gameplay, the party starts anywhere, anytime, and with all kinds of players.
- A variety of modes, including:
- Mario Party
- Enjoy the original Mario Party board game experience with new elements like character dice blocks, a party system, and new boards to explore
- Toad’s Rec Room
- A dynamic new play style that pairs up two Nintendo Switch systems for Tabletop mode
- Go head-to-head in 80 new minigames with many ways to play
- Fast and fun skill-based mini-games that use the Joy-Con controllers in all sorts of different ways
During Nintendo’s E3 2018 Direct presentation, a brand new Fire Emblem title was revealed. The game is called Fire Emblem Three Houses and it will debut on Nintendo Switch at some point during Spring 2019. Following Nintendo’s promise to deliver a Fire Emblem Switch title in 2018, the date announced today implies a delay has occurred. Nonetheless, the game looks rather impressive and we are sure to learn more about it in the coming days.
An overview of the game via Nintendo.
A brand-new Fire Emblem game with a new story and characters is coming to the Nintendo Switch system. The game takes place on Fodlan, where the Church of Seiros exercises great power over the land and its people. As the main character, the player must not only fight on the battlefield, but also can move the character freely and interact with other characters to build relationships and gather information at some parts. This turn-based tactical RPG will put new strategic twists on battling, with formations of troops supporting individual units on the battlefield. Do you have what it takes to survive and conquer in this brand-new Fire Emblem game?
A traditional turn-based tactical RPG that puts new twists on strategic battling. Now when the player maneuvers a unit, formations of troops move with them and support them in battle.
In some parts, the player can move the main character freely, and interact with other characters, and gather information.
The game is set in a new world—Fodlan, where the Church of Seiros exercises great power over the land and people.
Your protagonist meets three main characters—Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude—who play important roles in the story.
You can enjoy the announcement trailer and some screenshots from the game below.
Nintendo revealed Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna – The Golden Country, a new DLC expansion, launching on September 21.
The DLC expansion is available as part as the Expansion Pass or sold as a stand-alone retail version. No price for the DLC expansion is given at this time.
DLC expansion overview via Nintendo
Guide a group of legendary warriors on a journey through the tragic history that doomed a kingdom and drove a hero down a dark path 500 years before the events of the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 game. Defend yourself from Malos and his forces using all the fury of this refined battle system, allowing you to fight as both the artificial lifeforms known as Blades and their masters, the Drivers.
UPDATED: According to Nintendo, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC Expansion will be added to the Expansion Pass on September 14.
Nintendo announced Daemon X Machina will be launching on Nintendo Switch in 2019.
Game overview via Nintendo
A brand-new, fast-paced mech action game from Kenichiro Tsukuda is coming to the Nintendo Switch system. Take your Arsenal, a fully customizable powered suit, out for an array of missions to surmount the enemy at all costs. Choose and equip your Arsenal with a multitude of weapons, obtain more from downed enemy Arsenals, and swap them on the fly to suit your strategy in the face of ever-changing threats.
- Kenichiro Tsukuda is well known for his work developing the Armored Core series. He and his talented team have developed this brand-new title with the goal of making it “the best mech action game” out there.
- The character designs were created by Yusuke Kozaki, who also worked on the Fire Emblem Awakening and Fire Emblem Fates games.
- Mech concept designs were created by Mr. Kawamori, who also worked on the Armored Core series and the Super Dimension Fortress Macross series.
- Arsenals can battle freely in the air and on the ground.
Sega has finally uploaded the first Sonic Team Racing trailer that shows us footage of Sonic and pals drifting in-game. The game features solo races, multiplayer, team races and more.
An overview of the game via Gematsu.
Team Sonic Racing combines the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing with nostalgic characters and environments from across the Sonic Universe. Play solo or with up to 12 drivers online as Sonic, Shadow, Tails and other beloved characters in thrilling single and multiplayer game modes, including Grand Prix, Time Trial, Team Adventure. Throughout the race, players will be able to utilize various team mechanics including Item Transfer, Slingshot, Skim Boost and more to assist your teammates throughout the race to secure your spot atop the podium while having the option to customize their vehicle to suite their racing style.
Sonic Team Racing launches this Winter on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam. Watch the E3 trailer below.
During today’s Microsoft press conference, Bandai Namco has officially confirmed a remaster of Tales of Vesperia is on the way. The definitive edition will feature the content that was available in the Japanese exclusive PlayStation 3 version and both English and Japanese audio.
Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition is set to launch this Winter on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch as well.
Overview of the game via NintendoEverything.
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition includes upscaled screen resolution, new characters, events, and costumes never released outside of Japan. This updated version of an RPG classic will be released this winter.
Follow Yuri Lowell, a resident in the Lower Quarter of Zaphias and former Imperial Knight, as he accepts a mission to retrieve a stolen Blastia Core used to regulate his neighborhood’s water supply. This simple mission spins into a series of events that finds Yuri befriending a colorful cast of characters, traveling to exotic locations, and being pushed into the middle of a nefarious plot that threatens the destruction of the entire planet.
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition uses a specialized version of the Tales of series’ Linear Motion Battle System for combat. Players control a single party member in real-time combat while the other three party members are controlled by a customized set of A.I. commands. Players can swap between the four characters at any time during battles and can perform both physical and Mystic Artes attacks.