Developed by studio Saizensen and published by Nicalis, a new indie crossover fighting game will be hitting PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC in North America on August 28th.
The game will feature 14 fighters, a story mode, arcade mode, challenge mode, challenge mode, online mode, and many more. You can read a complete overview of the game below (Thanks Gematsu).
The indie crossover brawler developed by Studio Saizensen embraces a traditional and streamlined four-button control scheme that offers accessible inputs for beginner players, while still providing advanced players with endless opportunities to discover new tactics as they hone their skills.
Blade Strangers combines the excitement and subtle dynamics of a classic one-on-one fighting game with the polish and high-quality visuals expected from a current-gen contender. The game will arrive feature-rich at launch, complete with a wide variety of online and offline gameplay modes and additional offerings including:
- Story Mode – experience each character’s unique story.
- Arcade Mode – pick a character and win matches to advance.
- Challenge Mode – complete various skill challenges for each of the characters.
- Survival Mode – battle against a barrage of CPU-controlled opponents.
- Versus Mode – fight against friends or the CPU (with “standby” option).
- Online Modes – create or search for rooms and engage in Stealth, Casual or League matches.
- Tutorial – for new players to learn the basics.
- Training – practice moves and combos to hone skills (with “standby” option).
- Other Features – online leaderboards, screen view and control customization, player profiles, stat tracking, unlockable items (character colors, portraits, special titles).
The diverse roster in Blade Strangers includes unique characters from different backgrounds, headlined by Quote and Curly Brace (from Cave Story+), Isaac (from The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+), Solange, Ali, Liongate, and Master T (from Code of Princess EX) and Kawase, Noko, and Emiko (from the Umihara Kawase series). The 14-character launch roster also features indie superstars Shovel Knight and Gunvolt as special guests, plus new characters Lina and Helen who are appearing in a video game for the first time ever.
The release date announcement video and a set of new screenshot can be viewed below.