Nintendo announced Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is now compatible with Nintendo Labo. The new software update version 1.5.0 supports the Toy-Con Motorbike from Nintendo Labo 01 Variety Kit, and is now available.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Version 1.5.0 update notes from Nintendo
- Now supports the use of the Toy-Con Motorbike from Nintendo LABO Toy-Con 01 VARIETY KIT.
- You can now set whether or not to use the Toy-Con Motorbike from the Toy-Con settings in the top menu.
- At the screen right before the game begins, please set the Joy-Con inside the Toy-Con Motorbike.
- When using the Toy-Con Motorbike, the camera will look over the character’s shoulder, increasing immersion.
- Press the downward directional button to play with normal view again.
- Addressed an issue where, after setting up a tournament, the “Search by code” feature would stop functioning.
- Addressed an issue that made it impossible for a player to proceed after colliding with a Star Thwomp.
- The latest update data is needed to play matches online.
- Once you have downloaded the latest update data, you will no longer be able to play “Local Wireless” and “LAN Play” matches with other players who have not downloaded this data.
Nintendo reveals in a press release that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the first non-Labo game to receive Toy-Con support and “more titles will be compatible with Nintendo Labo in the future”.