A new update for Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom was released today, which added two extra difficulty modes, fixed various bugs for both gaming platforms, and added another equipment skill. […]
A new update for Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom was released today, which added two extra difficulty modes, fixed various bugs for both gaming platforms, and added another equipment skill.
After the download is complete, players can choose to play on hard or expert to give them more of a challenge throughout their journey in the game.
Here are the patch notes for Update 1.03, via Gematsu.
- New difficulty modes added: Hard and Expert. You can choose how hard you want your challenge to be when you select “New Game” from the title screen, or by entering the in-game options menu at any time. Three difficulty levels are available: Normal, Hard, and Expert. The higher the setting, the harder the battles will be, but this will be offset by rarer treasures from monsters, from the chests in the Faraway Forest, and certain other places. You’ll also be able to access the true potential of accessories, with monsters occasionally dropping ones with two skills! (This won’t affect any you already own.)
- Maximum quality level of equipment drops expanded (in Hard or higher).
- Chances of rare item drops increased (in Hard or higher).
- New equipment skills added.
- Rare accessories with second skill slot added.
- Various other game balance issues and minor bugs have also been addressed.
- A bug that allowed the airship to land in places where it should not be able to land has been fixed.
- Steam version only: A bug that made the player unable to control the camera at specific screen resolutions has been fixed.
Ni no Kuni II is out now on PlayStation 4 and PC. New dungeons, rewards and an entire new story chapter will be added as paid DLC in the future. Bandai Namco is yet to announce a release date for this content.